Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am a duck. Quack, quack.

This was Gage's answer when I asked him if he was a duck yesterday. He was quacking and running around so I asked him, "Are you a duck?" I never thought he would have such a clear answer. James and I just howled. It was just what we needed.

We have had a busy week or so. Saturday we went to a Twin and Triplet Club function at the leisure centre near our house. It was at the indoor playground and the boys had a blast. Gage went down the slide with some other boys about his age and then he and James played basketball with the identical triplet girls that were there. Nate and Jude crawled through some tunnels and chased a few balls and played with trucks. We had a really good time and are looking forward to the next function I've signed us up for in April.

Our roof has been leaking for oh, let's see now, about 3 or 4 months and James finally convinced the condo board president that we aren't just making it up. Someone was supposed to be here today to clear the roof and get a look at it, but surprise, surprise, there's no one here. GRRRRRRRRR. I'm not allowed to talk to the guy any more, James is afraid that I'll hit him. He's probably right.

The boys are all starting at the day home on Thursday. I can't believe that it's come so quickly. My surgery is on Tuesday and I have so much to do before then. I have to clean my house and get the laundry done and go through the mountains of clothes that are in the boys' rooms. I used to live in the basement of a couple that had boy/girl twins. When they were selling their house she cleaned out the closets and brought the laundry down to the basement to wash and go through. I helped her out by doing some of it when I got home. I remember thinking, "How could she possibly just leave all of these clothes for so long? Why didn't she just go through them and get rid of them?" Well, now I know. When the kids sleep, you want to as well. If you don't want to sleep, there are lots of other pressing things to get to first. So, to Lorie I apologize, I get it now.

1 comment:

Birdeen and Carl said...

good luck with your surgery.... i know everything will come out ok! :)