Thursday, April 05, 2007

Back to Work

Weekends mean something to me again - more time with the kids and James. I went back to work this past Monday after 13 months of being at home. I had taken 10 weeks off before the boys were born because I was at high risk for preterm labour, and because I couldn't sit for longer than 10 minutes or reach my keyboard any longer. I can't believe how much has happened in the last year or how fast it has gone. Going back to work was wonderful, they really missed me and made me feel right at home again. My eight year anniversary there is the boys' first birthday.

A few new things have happened around the house, too. Jude and Nate sleep through the night most of the time now, but Jude is getting a new tooth, so he's a little grumpy and wakes up a bit. Nate wakes up and if he has kicked his water bottle out of the crib, he makes a fuss, but other than that, we actually get some sleep. Nate started standing up last Saturday, I went to get him up in the morning and he was standing in his crib smiling at me. Now he pulls himself up on everything! He started clapping his hands on Monday, and Jude is really trying to clap his, too. Jude will try to clap his hands, and then just start to wave at us.

Gage has really enjoyed going to the day home every day now. He is very happy his brothers are there too. He's beginning to recognize a lot of his numbers, shapes and letters, and is remembering some colours as well. I'm amazed at how fast he picks everything up.

Well, I jinxed myself. Now someone is awake, I think it is Nate.

No comments: