Sunday, April 27, 2008

Super Cities Walk for MS

This year I walked to raise money to fight MS. I have a few friends who have the disease and I decided to do something about it. Thanks to the help of co-workers, family and friends, I managed to raise $815! So thank you to everyone who pledged me.

We were all supposed to go today, but Jude and Gage had a bad fever so they stayed at home with Dad. I took Nate with me and we did the 5 km walk. Nate walked about 4 km of it, riding in the stroller only for juice and grapes. He was totally into the high fives and would run back to high five people behind us on the path.

Mama? This shirt is a little big.

Much better.

One of my fellow walkers gave Nate a chocolate peanut butter square. Nate bounced off the walls all afternoon. I have to babysit Scott's son when he's old enough to eat sugar cubes.





I let Nate run through the finish line so he could high five the volunteers that were cheering the walkers in. He made the local news! I was very proud of him. If you watch this clip, he's the little guy in the very first few seconds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a thrill to see our Dara Lee and Nate on television. We couldn't be prouder. Looking forward to the next appearance on television!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I think Nate should be in the history books. The youngest walker ever. I have only known Dara Lee for a few months,but I knew she was a good mom. I was right of course...... just look at young Nate. Congrats! Darlene.