Saturday, April 05, 2008

Christmas (a little over three months late)

I really wish I had a good excuse as to why I have not updated this thing in over three months. But, sadly, I don't. I blame facebook, laziness and a renewed love for things not kept in the basement (like the backyard). Slowly but surely, I will get caught up. So here's Christmas, 2007.

The twins were the first to see the tree. We set it up Christmas Eve after the boys had gone to bed. They were enthralled with it, and were even more amazed when James plugged in the lights.

Seriously, we thought that a lot of these gifts would go home with people. We've now learned that when you have kids, a lot of those gifts stay with you.



Opening stockings at the table.


Gage wouldn't open any presents unless he was sitting in his Thomas the Train couch/engine that Auntie Amber gave him for his birthday.
Nate was really into opening presents. His, Judes, Gage's, ours...
Jude wasn't that into the presents this year. He liked carrying the presents around and then wanted someone else to open them. Then he'd play with the toys and the paper.
I even cooked Christmas dinner for James' family this year! I'm not brave enough to do turkey yet (and I don't really like turkey anyway), so I did a ham. It turned out really well.
You can't see Nate, but he was there. Stuck in between James and his Dad, his chair is the blue spot. Christmas was so much fun with the boys this year, and being in our new house made it very nice. I'm looking forward to next year, when I can decorate a bit more and the boys will understand more about Santa, making Christmas cookies and giving gifts.

No comments: