Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Where did the time go?

I can't believe it... in less than a week (5 days to be exact), I will be going back to work. It has been a very long year, but it feels like it hasn't taken much time at all. At least the boys have been at the day home (off and on, of course) for about a month now, so I'm used to them not being with me all of the time.

Last week was so much better than the week before. Everyone seemed to be over the flu. Then, Jude's bum started to run again, and Nate got an infected toenail. I called the pediatrician Thursday afternoon and the nurse told me to give Jude nothing but clear fluids (read: Pedialyte) for 24 hours, then the beloved BRAT diet for 48 hours. I took Nate to the Medicentre Thursday evening and they put him on Keflex for his foot, 4 times a day for 7 days. So, I had the twins with me on Friday. James and I anticipated a really rotten Thursday night, but Jude slept right through it. We gave Nate a bottle of water when he woke up and left it with him (I know, I know, bad Mama!) and he slept, too. They did really well on Friday, and Jude didn't seem to mind the unflavoured Pedialyte at all. After the BRAT diet (which Jude LOVES), he seems much better, though our thought about trying soy formula to help wasn't really a good one. It didn't seem to bother him too much, but he spit up all the time and it smells really gross. So he's back on the regular formula again. And, he's been sleeping through the night since Thursday. Nate will only wake up at 10:30 for a bottle and then sleeps until 6:00 am or so. That means that James and I are finally, finally, finally getting some sleep! Now, if we could just get ourselves to bed earlier...

So, everyone is back at the day home this week. Which is good, I'm almost done getting ready for the Club sale on Saturday, and Gage's new curtains are just about done. So much for a month of rest. I'll have to cram it all in on Friday. James bought me a whole bunch of Friends episodes on DVD, so Friday I'm screening my calls and laying on the couch. I'll probably put the first one in and fall right asleep, knowing me. I'll have to remember to set my alarm so I get the boys on time.

I should have some new pictures tomorrow or Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How great that the boys are finally getting on track. Sleep is something that we don't seem to value too much until we are deprived of it. The long haul is over and now you can really start to have fun with them. Good luck with getting everything done. I know that you will. The sleeping through a video must be a Paul trait. Enjoy Friday...