Thursday, August 30, 2007

Housing Update

We have sold our house and bought a new (to us) house. It's a great little bungalow, 1000 sq. ft, built in 1958. The back yard is fantastic with a covered patio and lots of room for the boys to play. It needs a little updating, but we plan to do a little at a time and watch for sales and make it ours as we go on. Right now, it's ready to move in. It felt like our home the first time we walked in the front door and the back yard sold us right away. We move at the beginning of November, so next spring we will be able to put down some grass seed (yes, I am getting rid of the garden!) and than let the boys have a good time. We are really looking forward to BBQs and sitting on the patio playing cards with our family and friends.

Of course, I took pictures, but I didn't take any of the yard or the kitchen. I don't know what I was thinking. So here goes.

Living Room. Try to picture it with less lace and more toys.





Dining room.



Gage's new room. We are thinking of monster truck and construction pictures for the walls. Cheap and easily changed.



Nate and Judes' room. No more nursery for them, not that they really had one anyway. We are going with trucks and construction equipment for their room as well.



Our room. Yes, it is mighty pink. It's pretty much the only room I want to paint right away. Everything else will be painted when I find a mistint that suits my fancy.



Basement living room, where will be putting most of the toys. I'm thinking of painting over the picture on the wall with chalkboard paint so the boys will have somewhere to draw.





There's a lot more to the house, like a kitchen, 2 more bedrooms in the basement and 2 bathrooms, plus tons of storage closets. It reminds me of the house I grew up in. It's going to be so nice to have some space and some privacy, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I found you through the twins/multiples blog roll at Sarah's!

I have a dear friend expecting triplets as a first time mom, and she doesn't have a blog, but she is a big blog reader, and she asked me to ask the lovely Internet for some advice on expecting and having multiples. I have two singleton boys, so I only have so much advice to share!

If you have the time, please stop by! Thank you!
Anna at Hank and Willie

(And congrats on the new house, I would die for that much space! And a place for toys! Whee!)

http://hankandwillie.wordpress.com/